Girls face so many challenges and people are constantly telling them they can’t do things, they can’t be funny, they can’t run the companies. My advice is just not to focus on anyone telling you that you can’t do anything or the politics of your situation. Just think about your art, or that thing you want to do.
have u ever quoted spongebob to someone and they didnt get it and they just looked at u and u felt like everything was pointless
Author John Scalzi was on a roll this morning (currently 7:14 AM, 26 Sept. 2014) with a tweet he found from some guy sending out an “ultimatum” to women to “make a choice” between feminism and, well, men like him. So Scalzi launched into a truly magnificent set of scorchers, which I’m posting here for the delectation of people everywhere.
Also: I would like to thank that guy for setting the ultimatum. It makes finding a boyfriend so much easier when the undesirable ones wear a placard identifying themselves.
in movies, whenever a hot guy fake-flirts with an “ugly” girl and she gets all flustered, it’s intended to be a funny joke and make u think the girl is pathetic for believing such an attractive man could be interested in her. ur supposed to hate the girl.
but whenever a hot girl fake-flirts with an ugly guy and he gets all flustered, it’s intended to make u feel bad for the guy and think the girl is a Bitch. ur supposed to hate the girl.
ur always supposed to hate the girl.
- Men's Rights Activists: THIS IS NOT FAIR. MEN HAVE PROBLEMS TOO.
- Black Men: We're constantly demonized by mainstream media and are targets of police brutality.
- Gay Men: We face discrimination and hatred and are denied marriage and job security.
- Trans Men: We are outcasts and are denied medical care, our lives are constantly under threat and our gender is always under scrutiny and policed by others.
- Men's Rights Activist: ....
- Men's Right Activist: Yeah but a Feminist was mean to me...
the reason male comic book fans work themselves into a frenzied rage over “fake geek girls" is because they think they can’t get a girlfriend because of their love for comic books (a.k.a nerdiness). if they accept that geek girls genuinely love comic books, then they’re left with the cold harsh reality that it’s not their nerdiness that makes them unattractive to women, but the fact that they are misogynistic condescending dickbags who need to be avoided AT ALL COSTS